Search

Lexicons

You need a good Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament. Wikipedia has a great little article on what is a Lexicon (It's not just a dictionary). I've got a few I've picked up over the years, but today at a garage sale I discovered among the boxes of modern novels one Lexicon that proved to be much more comprehensive than anything I had on the shelf. Needless to say I went ahead and bought it (for 50c). It's Joseph Henry Thayer's, published by T. & T. Clark (4th Ed., 1901).

It's big. With almost two full double-columned pages on aion, I'll control myself and show you just two briefer excerpts from it's section on aionios:

Excerpt 1 -


Excerpt 2 -


---

Thayer, J. H., D. D. Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament | Grimm: T. & T. Clark, Edinburgh (4th Ed.), 1901, p. 20-21.

No comments: