- How you respond to your boss is more important than clearing your in-tray;
relationships are the most important aspect of work.
- Choose a job to be a Christian, not to have a career;
a Christian mindset is all about your motives.
- Don’t go near Facebook at work;
holiness is about the things you don’t do that others do.
- Keep going to op-shops and packing your lunch;
being difference is about all the little things people don't notice.
- Give a % of your income and increase that % the more you earn;
don’t go backwards in the grace of giving.
- Leave your credit card at home & clear it straight-away on every use;
credit is addictive and deceptive.
- Let your wife allocate & process your giving payments;
giving is a gift, so delegate it.
- Every time you treat yourself to a new bestseller, spoil someone with a recent favourite;
do something about your sources of pride.
- Expect more than a prang or two and a few parking fines;
you will experience significant difficulties and troubles ahead.
- Don’t spend time listening to yourself or looking at yourself in the mirror;
you are your worst enemy.
- Read authors you disagree with;
it helps to assume you've got at least 10% of everything wrong.
- Whatever you want to do at the end of your life, begin it now;
if it’s worth doing, it’s worth starting on it sooner.
- Get some ducks and draw more;
if you loved it as a kid you could do with it as an adult.
- Choose friends unlike yourself;
if you know only your counterparts you’re surrounded only by your weaknesses.
- Get to know your neighbours;
it's those in front of you that are hardest to love and who need you most.
- When you marry you will meet yourself and your own ungodliness;
God gives us spouses to help us grow up.
- Find a baby sitter and pay her well;
it’s better to invest in time and people than the stock market.
- Get the audio Bible and get really used to it;
use technology to make your life deeper, not more shallow.
- Put prayer into your early morning coffee ritual;
don’t let your top priorities compete – combine them and you’ll get both done.
- Leave the TV off more often and don't turn up the music;
fighting through your nothingness is your best opportunity every day.
- Schedule time and reminders to think about the End;
being a Christian is harder than any job you will ever have.